The Ela Area Public Library is seeking a friendly, creative employee to provide excellent customer service and technology assistance throughout the Library and in our Library's makerspace, Forge. The makerspace is an open, shared space for all ages and is located adjacent to the Library's teen space. It includes 3D printers, a Glowforge laser cutter, a Cricut Maker, Arduinos and more. The Makerspace and Technology Assistant will help maintain day-to-day operations of the Library's makerspace, including completing patron 3D print requests and leading programs as applicable. This position will aid in basic technology assistance on the Library's first floor and guide patrons as needed in using the space or equipment. The ideal candidate is customer-service focused, organized, and enjoys helping others to use maker technologies to achieve their goals.
We are looking for candidates who are:
• Interested in tinkering, crafting and a desire to learn new skills and technologies.
• Flexible, quick learning, and enjoy providing assistance to others.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Organized, reliable, and able to adapt to change and new situations.
• Positive representatives of the library out in the community.
• Able to aid in planning and implementing guides, programs, and activities.
• Able to assist with troubleshooting problems and offer guidance to staff and patrons.
Requirements: High school diploma preferred. Experience in customer service or working with the public preferred. Familiarity with makerspace technology preferred. Library experience a plus. Ability to speak Spanish, Polish, or Chinese a plus.
If you are interested in joining Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please complete the PDF application, save it to your computer, and email it to email@example.com for consideration.
*The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.