The Bloomingdale Public Library is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time Youth Services Librarian. The ideal candidate will be creative, detail-oriented, tech savvy, a self-starter with great customer service skills and knowledgeable of the trends in the youth literature and literacy.
- Youth Services Desk duties, including readers' advisory
- Collection development of youth material
- Creating, preparing, and performing storytimes along with other youth programming
- Outreach services to schools, and other community partners
- Participate in library special events
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS
- Minimum 2 year experience in Youth Services or comparable business/organization
- Knowledge of reference and readers' advisory practices
- Understanding of current and emerging technology trends
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- An ability to communicate effectively and provide outstanding customer service
Position re-posted: January 13, 2022
Position posted: December 15, 2021
Deadline: Until filled.