Open until filled, first review of applications December 3
The La Grange Public Library is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Business Associate to join our Administration team and work an average of 19 hours per week. Located in the heart of downtown, the La Grange Public Library serves an active and engaged community, is fine free and focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. This position supports the business operations of the Library through:
- Ensuring Library bills get paid accurately and on time
- Entering and reconciling Library income and expenses, preparing financial reports and making bank deposits
- Maintaining Library records (including financial and personnel) so we can find what we need when we need it
- Assisting the Library Board of Trustees through preparing meeting materials and minutes
Key qualifications include:
- Attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills
- Experience processing invoices and accounts payable, reconciling financial statements, creating journal entries and working with financial reports
- Strong technology skills including competency in using MS Office, especially Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of professional standards and best practices in public/fund accounting, office management and record management
- Applicants should have a degree in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent work experience. The Business Associate will need to drive to/from banks in order to make Library deposits.
The Library-provided benefits for this position include sick and parental leave and a personal day and an Employee Assistance Program. The Library regularly offers opportunities to engage in continuing education and professional development. The hiring pay range is $20.64 to $25.80 per hour DOQ. Responsibilities include monthly evening shifts to attend Library Board meetings, otherwise schedule is flexible. The La Grange Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to:
La Grange Public Library