We're looking for a finance expert who will provide support for all aspects of our operations. Do you have experience in the public or non-profit sector and think that a library district is the next chapter in your career? Is library finance already your thing and you're ready for a new challenge? Does the thought of helping to chart the course for our new library district pique your interest? If so, we would love to hear from you!
In this highly visible role, reporting to the Executive Director, you will participate on various internal committees and attend (and present) at our monthly Board of Library Trustees meeting. Your priorities over the next year will include, developing and enforcing internal controls and processes and overseeing all fiscal operations.
We offer a competitive benefits package including flexible, hybrid work environment,ent: a generous paid time off plan and a defined pension plan through Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- Monitor and enforce internal controls and processes to protect the Library's assets and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Help develop and implement purchasing and accounting practices, cash handling procedures and reporting standards to optimize fiscal operations
- Prepare and file all federal, state and local financial reports and taxes
- Manage relationship with investment advisor to ensure investments comply with Board policy
- Coordinate the annual budget process by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data and recommending budgetary options
- Oversee annual audit process and prepare Management Discussion and Analysis for inclusion in auditor's report
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff effectively
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments by serving on cross-departmental teams and workgroups
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Five years' accounting experience - governmental or non-profit accounting preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting standards and accounting and auditing practices
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situation
Competitive starting salary at $75,000/year
Four weeks paid vacation
Paid Holidays, personal and sick days
Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
IMRF defined benefit pension plan
Flexible, hybrid work schedule
Our 2021 strategic plan includes Advancing Through Equity, Achieving School Success, Restoring Aurora and Welcoming New Americans. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment.pdf