The Lake Bluff Public Library is seeking two (2) friendly and customer service-oriented persons to work in our Youth Services and Circulation departments. Youth Services serves ages birth through high school, and Circulation provides information and service to patrons of all ages. The ideal candidates will be creative problem solvers who particularly enjoy working with children and caregivers and can thrive in a changing, highly collaborative environment.
- Assist patrons in locating library materials, and check out materials for patrons at the front desk
- With training, answer reader's advisory queries.
- Promptly and accurately answer a variety of patron questions.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with the public computers and equipment (resolving printer jams, saving information to flash drives, etc.)
- Provide information to patrons about eBook services and digital resources and troubleshoot common issues.
- Additional responsibilities and cross-training opportunities may be assigned.
- Resolve patron issues or complaints calmly and professionally.
- Two years of college or current enrollment as a college student is preferred.
- This position involves a high level of contact with the public: excellent verbal communication is a must.
- Previous library or customer service experience is not required, but will be considered favorably.
- Knowledge of children's and teens' literature, and an interest in learning more!
Position 1 is 15.5 hrs/week, Position 2 is 16.75 hrs/week
Monday – 9:30am to 2:00pm – Circulation Desk
Tuesday – 5:45pm to 9:15pm – Youth Services
Saturday – 9:45am to 5:15pm – Youth Services
Monday – 5:45pm to 9:15pm – Youth Services
Wednesday – 9:30am to 2:00pm – Circulation Desk
Friday – 2:00pm to 6:15pm – Circulation Desk
Sunday – 12:45pm to 5:15pm – Youth Services
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume here: http://www.lakeblufflibrary.org/apply
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Library to request an accommodation.