Come work at a quaint small town library with a tight knit staff. Our focus is on efficient and effective workflow and truly dynamic customer service. 1 circulation desk, zero self-checks, our library is all about face-to-face interaction and assistance. We're looking for someone energetic, motivated, and excited to start and run ongoing programming and who fits in well to our friendly, outgoing staff culture. Rockton is located 15 minutes north of Rockford near the Wisconsin border off I-39/90.
Non-exempt, vacation/sick time eligible after 1 year, participation in IMRF immediately
- YA collection development (selection and weeding) – includes fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, and audio books, both physical and electronic materials
- YA programming - create and run ongoing programs, hire presenters, etc.
- Direct YA Summer Reading Program – Work with children and adult librarians on themes, create logs, choose prizes, etc.
- YA promotion on library social media
- Assist at circulation desk 13 hours/week and as needed - tasks include: check in/check out, shelving & straightening, library card creation and renewal, computer and e-reader assistance, all ages reference assistance, retrieval of paging list items
- Outreach, assistance to other departments, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years library work experience preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Please send your resume ASAP to Megan Gove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only emailed applications will be accepted.
Please note specific hours listed.