Are you a tech-savvy individual with an aptitude for being organized and detail-oriented? Do you excel at providing excellent customer service and like working in a collaborative work environment? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking an Interlibrary Loan Specialist to join our team. This position is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 25 hours.
Some of the job duties include:
● Search for and request interlibrary loan materials for library members and staff.
● Respond to requests from other libraries and check library holdings for available materials.
● Handle incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan materials and book group requests.
● Process incoming and outgoing items (pack/unpack, sort, package, etc.).
● Monitor library card online registrations.
This opportunity requires:
● Bachelor's degree preferred with minimum two years relevant experience, Library Technical Assistant Certificate (LTA) with minimum two years relevant experience, or five years of prior library experience.
● Excellent customer services skills.
● Ability to multi-task, have attention to details, and excellent organizational skills.
● Working knowledge of the scope of library resources.
● Ability to search various databases (OCLC, library catalogs, etc.).
● Working knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management; computer skills in a networked environment.
● Ability to push and pull carts as well as lift and sort materials of various weights up to 35 lbs., comfortably move around the service area; must be able to view computer screens, and type accurately.
Hourly rate of $16.36. This position is eligible for pro-rated vacation and sick time and IMRF participation. The library supports continued learning and professional growth.
To apply, send resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.