Are you a positive individual with an aptitude for providing exceptional customer service? Are you organized and have the ability to multi-task? Do you thrive in a team environment and like helping people? If so, this opportunity may be for you! The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a Circulation Assistant (check-out) to join our team!
This position is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 21 hours. These hours are a mix of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Some of the job duties include:
● Staffing the Circulation desk or drive up window while providing outstanding customer service to our members.
● Assist members and staff in the materials check-out process, including account information retrieval, payments, and other concerns.
● Register new library members, maintain accurate records in library database and maintain library members' confidentiality.
● Perform claims returned procedures; process overdue and reserve items, complete program registration, and assist members with self-check unit.
● Contact members and follow up on lost or missing items or service requests.
● File requested items on hold shelves; identify damaged and/or incomplete items and route items to appropriate area.
● Greet everyone who enters the library in a professional, friendly manner.
● Assist staff with the materials check in process, including sorting materials, emptying bins, etc as needed.
● Promote materials, programs, events, and services provided by the library.
This opportunity requires:
● High school diploma or equivalent certifications and/or experience required.
● Qualified candidates must have superb customer service skills.
● Ability to multi-task, have attention to details, and excellent organizational skills.
● Ability to use computers and relevant software including but not limited to Google products.
● Ability to communicate effectively, use good judgment in the decision making process, and work both independently and as part of a team.
● Flexibility to be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This position is eligible for pro-rated vacation and sick time and IMRF participation. The library supports continued learning and professional growth.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to HR at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.