Under the supervision of the Circulation Services Department Head performs a variety of tasks related to the circulation of materials and related library user services.
Understands and enforces the library policies and procedures while safeguarding confidential and restricted information
- Checks in returned, transited and new materials.
- Performs basic reader's advisory, places holds and assists patrons with checking out materials
- Processes on-shelf hold list.
- Assists with shelving materials in all departments.
- Answer patron questions regarding accounts.
- Promotes the library through positive communication and engagement with users.
- Other duties as assigned
The Messenger Public Library is committed to providing the highest level of service possible to connect, inform, and enrich the community of North Aurora.
- We are collaborative, creative, and curious.
- We strive to provide a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere where patrons and staff can make real connections.
- We provide our community with access to education that leads to inspiration, discovery, and empowerment.
- We respect our community, our colleagues, and our library.
- Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
High School Diploma and or GED equivalence. Customer service experience and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Applicants must have very flexible availability and will be required to work daytimes /evenings and every other weekend to meet Library patron service needs. Basic skills using computers and office equipment. Must be able to push carts containing library materials.
Following one year of work employee is eligible for a prorated 56 hours of paid time off.
This is an IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) pension position.
Email 1) Cover Letter 2) Resume and 3) Three work references to:
Mary Malach Head of Circulation Services: email@example.com