Part Time – 15 Hours per week (approximately)
Palatine Public Library District has an immediate opening for a friendly, welcoming, customer service oriented individual who enjoys working with the public. Primary responsibilities include assisting patrons checking out library materials, issuing library cards, collecting fines and fees, and promoting library services to the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to reflect our diverse community through our dedication to equity, diversity and inclusion. A complete job description is located at www.palatinelibrary.org.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Checking in, check out, and sort all library material
- Customer service experience in a similar environment preferred
- Ability to communicate skillfully, accurately and pleasantly, including answering and directing patron inquiries and answering phones
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Internet applications
- Excellent customer service and people skills are required
The ideal candidate will share our vision of inspiring connection, curiosity, and joy. Candidate will enjoy providing assistance to others and be comfortable working in a team environment. Bilingual skills of Spanish, Polish, Tagalog, or Chinese preferred, but not required.
Physical requirements include: speaking, hearing, vision and keyboarding ability sufficient to adequately perform the job, ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds and lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally.
Hours are: Tuesday 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Wednesday 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Hours to be determined based on the need of the department. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Salary: $12.47 per hour
Employment Applications are available online at www.palatinelibrary.org, at the Welcome Desk at the Main Library, or at any of the branch locations. Please submit a completed employment application with cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.