The Calumet City Public Library seeks a strong, innovative leader for the position of full-time Library Director to manage a variety of library and patron support services.
The Calumet City Public Library is located 22 miles south of downtown Chicago, in Calumet City, Illinois. The Library serves a diverse community of more than 37,000 residents.
Responsibilities: Managing the operation of the library, preparing and tracking a $2 million dollar budget, guiding a staff of 30 employees, and leading community outreach. The Director reports to the Library Board and is responsible for the preparation of agendas and attendance at meetings of the Library Board. Regular attendance at evening meetings and events is required.
Daily duties include:
- Directing subordinate support staff in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Informing and instructing library staff on new and established policies and best practices.
- Participating in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of all levels of new library employees.
- Communicating verbally and in writing with Library Board members and patrons of the library.
- Motivating, evaluating and disciplining employees as necessary in accordance with established policy.
Qualifications and skills: Advanced educational degree, Masters of Library Science preferred, minimum five years of experience working in a public library preferred or appropriate business management experience. Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications required.
Submit a resume and three references.