Our Library is entering an exciting new phase and we are looking for a Head of Children's Services to help take our library to the next level. We are investigating remodeling or expanding our building in the near future and need a creative, forward-thinking Head of Children's Services to contribute to this effort. We are seeking someone who understands the importance of collaboration, knows how to handle difficult situations and has a talent for inspiring and providing feedback to a talented team. The ideal person will embrace change, have a positive attitude and be dedicated to expanding the role of the library in children's lives and the community.
- Masters of Library Science from an ALA-accredited school (MLIS students may be considered)
- Minimum two years' experience in a public service position in a public library
- Prefer two years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of children's services, collection development, and programming
- Knowledge of children's Literature
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to represent the Library in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability of strong communication and interpersonal skills. Effectively able to communicate and build consensus across departments and diverse constituency groups
Please submit application, resume and cover letter to Jennifer Drinka, Library Director. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website to review the job description.