Job Title: Part-Time Popular Services Assistant
FT/PT: Part Time
Hours: 19 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours
Salary: $15/hour, DOQ
The Stickney-Forest View Public Library District is seeking a tech-savvy, service-oriented, and self-directed library assistant to join our Popular Services team.
- Provides reference and readers' advisory services to adults and older teens.
- Provides technology assistance with Library- and patron-owned computers and devices and software, as well as email and online websites, applications, and social media.
- Provides individual and group computer and technology instruction.
- Assists with planning and implementing Library programs.
- Creates and maintains displays, booklists, instruction pamphlets, and marketing materials.
- Assists Department Head in collection development with weeding and provides suggestions for purchase.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours include some weekday evenings and weekends.
- LTA or 2 years of library reference experience preferred; will consider current MLS student.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
- Able to bend, stoop, carry, push, lift 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Spanish language skills highly desirable.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Interim Library Director
Stickney-Forest View Public Library District
6800 West 43rd Street
Stickney, IL 60402
My pronous: he/him/his