JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Job Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Library Director, with latitude for independent judgment and decision making, contributes to the effective administration of the Library by managing and coordinating human resources functions. Serves on the Library's management team. Advises and assists the Library Director in decisions related to personnel matters.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum bachelor's degree with at least 2-3 years' experience in human resources or equivalent. Certification in HR (PHR) preferred. Public library experience a plus. Available to work days, evenings and weekends. Access to transportation.
- Manages and coordinates human resource functions:
- Oversees recruitment, selection, evaluation and training of staff, ongoing professional development; designs continuous learning strategies for staff.
- Manages employee relations and performance issues, including working with Department Heads in administering performance evaluations.
- Counsels department heads in leadership skills and management practices.
- Assists/advises managers on disciplinary/employee relations issues, investigates harassment claims, and refers unresolved issues to Director and the Board of Trustees if needed.
- Remains current on laws and regulations effecting payroll, human resources and benefits.
2. Additional duties:
- Coordinates and oversees disaster and emergency procedures and documentation.
- Responsible for safety and working conditions.
- Conducts Person-In-Charge training.
- Oversees timely updating of personnel policy manuals.
- Assists with staff recognition events and staff in-service meetings as needed.
- Provides employee consulting and counseling as needed.
ATTRIBUTES: The ideal candidate will have effective interpersonal, organizational, and analytic skills. Exhibits professionalism, initiative, and independent sound judgment. Strong credibility and confidentiality attributes. Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
HOURS: 28 hours per week with potential to become full time
COMPENSATION: Salaried FLSA Exempt position, $46,000/year.
BENEFITS: IMRF, sick time, vacation after 1 year, and more.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SUBMIT COVER LETTER and RESUME to:
Elk Grove Village Public Library, 1001 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village IL 60007