Provide exceptional customer service in a friendly and professional manner to create a positive library experience for patrons.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide friendly and professional customer service on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication. Accurately respond to patron questions at the Check Out Desk.
- Handle incoming and outgoing materials efficiently.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Handle money transactions accurately.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Comfortably use technology.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment without direct supervision.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of library work experience or service related work experience.
- Regularly required to talk, hear and see. Must be able to read 9-point font.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift, push or move up to 50 pounds. Requires working outdoors for duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume and application.