We're looking for a Public Services Manager to join the leadership team at Eola Road Branch. Does the prospect of leading staff in a diverse and bustling library excite you? Are you energized by noisy story times, big cultural celebrations, and busy service desks? Do you get a kick out of planning programs and services for engaged and enthusiastic customers? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
In this key leadership role, reporting to the Eola Road Branch Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day branch staffing and programming decisions with a special emphasis on serving children and families. Your priorities over the first year will include working with the Branch Manager to coordinate and develop branch-wide program initiatives, serving as the branch liaison to the Senior Children's Services Manager, building community relationships, supporting staff performance and development, and directing customer service strategies and training.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Branch Manager with the development and execution of Branch goals and priorities.
- Plan, organize, direct and schedule the work of library staff.
- Coach, support and develop team members.
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff on programs for children and their caregivers.
- Develop relationships with employees and community members.
- Consistently engage in city-wide library promotion and outreach opportunities.
- Participate on cross functional teams to enhance and improve library processes and services.
You will need to be:
- A champion of providing excellent customer service.
- A hands-on manager who enjoys working with an outstanding group of diverse people and projects.
- Flexible, positive, and willing to work with customers and staff to resolve problems so everyone wins.
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to build relationships at all levels.
- Available to work weekends and evenings.
You will need to have:
- A Master's degree in Library Science (MLS).
- 2 years of management responsibility with direct reports.
- Direct experience providing library services to children and families.
- Spanish or Hindi language skills are desirable.
Here's what you'll get:
- Competitive salary starting at $50,000/year
- Medical, dental & life insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, personal and sick days
- IMRF pension plan
- Professional development
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
A copy of our application can be found at https://aurora.libnet.info/images/pdfs/aurora/HR/Application_for_Employment_-FINAL.pdf