The Shorewood-Troy Public Library has an opening for a part-time circulation clerk. The position will be approximately 19 hours a week. The position consists of:
- providing a great customer service experience for our patrons
- checking in and out items,
- sorting items alphabetically,
- answering the library's main phone number and transferring phone calls
- assisting patrons with their questions, and helping them locate items that they are looking for
- other duties as assigned.
Hours may include days, nights, and rotating weekends; some flexibility in scheduling is desirable.
Candidates must be able to multi-task. The job requires standing for long stretches of time.
The successful candidate will be able to work days, nights, and weekends. Necessary qualifications include
- a minimum of a high school degree or a GED, with an LTA preferred,
- strong front-line customer service skills and experience, including cash-handling skills
- love recommending the next great book or movie to a patron
- a great sense of humor!
Normal office skills such as the ability to work with Microsoft Office products, phone skills, and the ability to lift 25 pounds are required. Experience with Polaris preferred.
The salary for the position is $12.02 an hour. Fifty (50) hours of vacation time per year, pro-rated the first year of employment. Forty-five (45) sick hours will be allotted annually; pro-rated the first year of employment.
The Shorewood-Troy Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the library at 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood, IL to fill out an application. No telephone inquiries please.