Fountaindale Public Library District, which proudly serves the diverse community of Bolingbrook, is seeking an individual to supervise our team of Building Security Monitors and perform duties to monitor and provide a safe and functional environment for patrons and staff while ensuring a friendly and customer focused atmosphere.
1. Provides consistent, gracious and friendly service to internal and external customers.
2. Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates Building Security Monitors. Actively participates in the developmental plans, customer service and security training of subordinate employees.
3. Works with Building Operations Manager to establish benchmarks for staff and to improve work processes.
4. Prepares and submits timesheets records and reports for subordinate employees, in keeping with the policies and procedures of the library.
5. Manages and maintains incident reporting software and conducts user training.
6. Manages access card system and completes access card assignments and printing.
7. Proactively recommend procedural changes based on the needs of the library.
8. Monitors and secures library facilities and property.
9. Monitor entrance and departure of visitors to the building to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
10. Respond to security system alarms at front doors and emergency doors.
11. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property while ensuring a friendly and customer focused atmosphere.
12. Performs basic building operation functions, including but not limited to routine housekeeping and minor facility and grounds services and repairs.
13. Trains staff on enforcing appropriate policies for the District.
14. Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and evict violators from premises if warranted.
15. Interact with users in a positive and professional manner, assist and provide information and directions, and utilize diplomacy when enforcing library policies.
16. Oversees the completion of appropriate documents as needed including but not limited to Incident Reports and Accident Reports.
17. Follows procedures for securing library at close of business day.
18. Completes security checks of premises inside and outside.
19. Ensures facilities and grounds are operating safely and correctly, resolves unsafe conditions. Reports unsafe conditions to manager or Person in Charge.
20. Ensures procedures for emergency situations are followed.
21. Contacts 911 in emergency situations.
22. Works with police and fire officials as needed.
23. Supervise and perform room set-ups.
24. Works with groups using the rooms to ensure they are aware of rules and have what they need.
25. Set-up, demonstrate and train staff and patrons on available audiovisual equipment.
26. Supervise and check room condition at end of use and clean up room in preparation for next group.
27. Assists with deliveries to the Library and to Departments.
28. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires expertise typically acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree.
Minimum three years security and customer service experience in a public building setting. One to three years of supervisory experience.
Office and Library
Basic knowledge of productivity suites.
Ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
Ability manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Ability to effectively use a variety of tablets and similar devices.
Ability to adapt to change.
Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
Speaking skills in other languages, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff and public.
Ability to stay calm and effective in difficult situations.
Ability to empathize and relate to the needs of all patrons.
Position has supervisory responsibility. Incumbent is responsible for overseeing subordinate employee engaged in business services activities.
Internal: Library staff and management
External: Patrons, police, fire and emergency personnel, vendors and contractors.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, occasionally push and pull up to 100 pounds, frequently 10 pounds, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Position requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time.
Work is performed in a typical library environment. Full-time position. Will require weekend and evening work.
To apply for an open position at the library, an Application for Employment is required. Applications can be sent directly to the library to the attention of Human Resources, 300 West Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440 or emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.