KidSpace Administrative Assistant
Gail Borden Public Library has an immediate opening for a part-time Administrative Assistant in the KidSpace Department at the Main Library. The ideal individual for this position will be reliable, accurate, and detail-oriented. In addition, the successful candidate will be a cheerful self-starter and have strong organizational skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally. The candidate must enjoy working in a busy environment and with children from 3 – 12 years of age.
In this role you will:
- Provide support for KidSpace programs and the department
- Submit entries to our online events calendar and department calendar
- Assist in keeping the KidSpace area, equipment, and materials clean and orderly
- Prepare various correspondence, reports, and documents
- Run errands, as needed, to local stores and to Branch locations
- Provide administrative support for short- and long-term projects and events
- Maintain proper stock levels of office supplies, marketing materials, and library forms
- Assist KidSpace Associates with program preparation
You will need to be:
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to work with all types of people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized and detail-minded with excellent reasoning ability and basic mathematical skills
- Comfortable in working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and positive about changes in existing practices, assignments, and workflows
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General office experience preferred
- Ability to type/keyboard with accuracy
- Some experience working with children 3 – 12 years of age is preferred
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library.
Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit a cover letter, resume and the Employment Application to: email@example.com or mail to: Gail Borden Public Library, c/o Human Resources, 270 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120. Employment Applications are also available at the Main Library's Administration Office, Customer Service, and Rakow and South Elgin branch locations.