This position provides reference and information services to patrons. Adhering to library policy, the employee assists patrons with the use of library materials and resources.
- Provides knowledgeable reference and readers'/ media advisory services.
- Assists with the use of electronic resources such as databases, eBook platforms, and the online catalog.
- Aids patrons with technology—email, Microsoft Office products, internet navigation, printing station, etc.
- Develops and teaches computer classes covering different topics.
- Edits monthly newsletter.
- Manages Inter Library Loan Requests
- Implements digitization plan for library and local historical documents and maintains digital collection.
- Delivers materials to the homebound.
- Serves as the person-in-charge of the library building in the absence of the Director, Assistant Director, and Department Heads
- Creates and maintains Adult Services displays, booklists, pathfinders, eBook instruction pamphlets and marketing materials.
- Assists in marketing utilizing the library's social media accounts.
- Occasionally develops, plans, and implements creative and dynamic programming.
- Maintains a working knowledge of adult literature and its trends.
- Registers patrons for programs and makes reminder calls.
- Assists Department Head of Adult Services in collection development with weeding and provides suggestions for purchase.
- Provides outreach to community agencies.
- Attends pertinent continuing education classes as offered.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- LTA or 2 years of library reference experience preferred; will consider current MLS student.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Able to bend, stoop, carry, push, lift 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
Please submit resume along with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org