The Washington District Library seeks a customer service-oriented clerk to perform front desk and materials repair duties.
Education: High school diploma required. Some college or special library training is preferred.
Experience: General computer experience required. Library experience preferred.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Share in circulation desk duties, including checking items in and out to patrons, helping locate materials for patrons, and signing patrons up for library cards.
- Repair/replace circulating items such as books and AV cases.
- Perform clerical tasks in processing materials as needed.
- Perform reciprocal deletions.
- Check library email account and forward to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain copier use records.
- Due to the size of the library staff, clerks are asked to help with day-to-day library tasks as needed, including, but not limited to opening/closing the library and assisting patrons with the operation of library technology.
This position reports to the Director.
About the Library: The Washington District Library serves a population of approximately 24,000 and has an operating budget of approximately one million dollars. We have a branch library and main location and are located about fifteen minutes away from the city of Peoria, IL.
To apply, please send a resume and three professional references to Director Lexie Walsh at email@example.com.