The Sherrard Public Library District is seeking a creative and consistent team member who enjoys public service, is familiar with technology, and will provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and interact with customers in a professional manner and provide the necessary information and services
- Explain circulation policies to customers
- Respond to telephone inquiries by providing information, referring and transferring calls.
- Assist customers in the use of Library equipment
- Perform Library materials check-in, check-out, renewals, placing and processing of holds
- Register, renew and maintain patron accounts
- Coordinate and run adult book clubs
- Prepare and repair library materials for circulation
- Craft materials for Take-and-Makes and library programs
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to use computers and relevant software and equipment including but not limited to Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle cash transactions
- Ability to interpret and execute detailed procedures
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Works collaboratively as a member of a team
- Uses verbal, written and electronic communication effectively
- Applies basic problem-solving to a variety of situations
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Multiple daily collection of materials from outside book drop in varying weather
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds