We are seeking a positive, knowledgeable librarian who loves people and books to join our dynamic, collaborative team who serve the community of Lemont in the SW suburbs. Our patrons love their library and value our friendly, knowledgeable staff, updated and inviting facilities, and our varied programs and services.
Education & Experience:
MLS from an accredited library school and at least 2 years' experience working in a public library required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on providing a welcoming and helpful experience for library patrons.
- A broad knowledge of popular fiction trends and authors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments in the library.
- Experience planning and implementing creative and dynamic programming, including book discussions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows and iOS systems.
- Experience as designated "Librarian in Charge" preferable.
- Knowledge of Polaris ILS and Collection HQ helpful.
- Selection and maintenance of Adult fiction collections.
- Provide knowledgeable reference and readers'/ media advisory services.
- Create and maintain Adult Services displays, booklists, eBook instruction pamphlets and marketing materials for fiction collections and book groups.
- Manage inter-library loan requests.
- Assist in marketing utilizing the library's social media accounts.
- Provide one-on-one technology instruction including iPad and eLibrary content.
- IMRF participation, medical insurance with limited employee contribution, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks' vacation, and sick leave per the Library Personnel Policy.
Submit your resume and letter of interest by email .