The Kaneville Public Library is seeking a friendly, energetic, and flexible part-time Library Associate to join our team and help us provide excellent service to our community.
Hours: 8-12 hours/week including day, evening, and some weekend hours.
Schedule: The schedule will be determined in accordance with the operational needs of the Library.
Reports to: Library Director
The Library Associate position serves primarily in the role of service to the public and provides friendly reference, circulation, and reader's advisory as essential functions of the position. Responsibilities may include face-to-face or telephone service, assisting users with accounts, circulation functions, technical services duties, and some level of technology assistance. Our Library Associates also are given opportunities to implement programming if desired. There may be other duties and tasks as assigned.
Due to the nature of a small staff, the associate position may be assigned a variety of front-line service duties while also assisting with collection, catalog, and circulation functions.
- LTA preferred
- Some experience with circulation, technical services, and library reference preferred (one or a combination)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year of library or public service experience
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing positive and courteous customer service
- Ability to exercise judgement/discretion when working with the public and staff
- Team spirit attitude
- Detail-oriented, motivated, and flexible
- Ability to bend and stoop, stand or sit at length, and lift up to 50 lbs
- Welcome and direct library patrons
- Perform materials check-in, check-out, renewals, and placing/processing holds
- Register, renew, and update patron accounts – including collecting fees and fines
- Assist patrons with library computers, copier, and scanner/fax
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries
- Communicate library policies and procedures accurately and courteously
- Enthusiastically promote library services and programs
- Conduct basic reference and reader's advisory searches
- Work directly with Library Director and Library Board Members
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed Application (https://www.kanevillelibrary.org/about-us/employment/)
- Cover Letter
to Ms. Shayne Phillips at email@example.com.
Applications will also be accepted in person at the circulation desk.