Title: Library Page
Average Weekly Work Hours: 12
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a Library Page to join our team! We are seeking an individual who is organized, detail-oriented, and likes helping people. This position is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 12 hours. These hours are a mix of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The Page works to ensure the accurate shelf status of library materials, the timely and efficient return of materials to the shelves, and friendly customer service to all library members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check-in library materials, check their content and physical condition, and sort and shelve materials as assigned.
- Empty bins (i.e., sorting bins, self-check bins and materials drop box bins) as assigned.
- Shelf read assigned sections.
- Complete clean up duties on each shift.
- Assist with collection movements to new locations and to displays.
- Pull daily holds and assist with other material searches.
- Greet anyone who enters the library in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answer directional questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to safely lift, sort, and shelve materials of various shapes and sizes, up to 35 pounds.Able to push and pull carts and bins of various weights and sizes. Able to stand and move about the library for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read typed labels, and put materials in alphabetical and numerical order.Ability to sort labels by color codes.
- Ability to work with the public in a positive manner with interruptions, and to complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hourly rate of $9.39. To apply, send resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.