Nature and Scope of Position:
Responsible for providing friendly responsive service to people of all ages and skill levels in a diverse community. The person in this position is a team player that loves books, movies, music, and people, keeps abreast with technology trends, and enjoys connecting with others.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains a welcoming environment for library users
- Staffs the Information Services Desk; performing common tasks such as reserving items, submitting Inter Library Loan request, troubleshooting common technology issues, etc.
- Keeps current on professional and technical issues and trends
- Engages library visitors in discussions about books, movies, music, and other information resources
- Designs and delivers programs/events for families and adults at the library and offsite
- May be responsible for components of the adult collection
- Assists department staff in creating and maintaining displays, promotional pieces, and bibliographies for materials in various formats
- Conducts "one-on-one" library instruction
- Facilitates program registration and meeting and study room usage
- Keeps up with programs and events that are happening in the library
- May serve as person-in-charge as assigned
- Staffs Youth and Teen services areas as assigned
- Attends and participates in staff, department, and other job-related meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to manage and prioritized multiple tasks.
- Professional demeanor and a team player.
- Strong comfort with technology.
- Strong ability to adapt to change.
- Basic keyboard, data entry, and typing skills.
- Well-developed oral communications skill.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to give and receive instructions in English.
- Alpha-numeric recognition skill.
- Ability to use basic office equipment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Requires full range of motion, including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods
- Requires bending, stooping, and reaching to retrieve library materials
- Must be able to move a two-sided book cart loaded with books and other library materials
- Must have dexterity and eye-hand coordination to move materials or operate automated equipment
- Must be able to lift boxes of books, paper, or other items weighing up to 40 lbs
Contacts: Patrons, volunteers, other library staff, and peers at other organizations
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, LTA or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passion for literature, movies, music, and popular culture
- Comfort with a variety of computers, electronic devices, and online services and applications
- Ability to work with patrons of all skill levels and ages
- Ability to represent the library at professional and community events
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is a plus
- Previous Library experience preferred
Zion-Benton Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.