Woodridge Public Library is seeking a responsible and conscientious individual for the position of Library Page.
Are you detailed-orientated? Do you enjoy a variety? The Woodridge Public Library is seeking a friendly and enthusiastic individual with good organization skills to join its staff. Under the direction of the Assistant Dept. Head of Circulation, this employee is responsible for shelving library materials, shelf-reading, emptying book-drops, general straightening of public areas, assisting with special projects or programs, as requested, practicing the library's policies and procedures, and other duties as required.
Schedule averages 14 hours per week, including daytime, evenings and some weekend hours. Salary begins at $10.86/hr. Please submit an application located on the Woodridge Public Library website at http://www.woodridgelibrary.org/employment or via mail to HR Manager, Woodridge Public Library, 3 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517. Applications are also available at the Circulation Desk.
The successful candidate must exhibit initiative in recognizing problems and suggesting solutions. Must be able to work independently, taking directions from all levels of staff when needed. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to file in numerical and alphabetical order.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work the following hours:
And every other Sunday 1p-5p
- Push rolling carts - up to 25 lbs.
- Bend/stoop and lift items from return bins.
- Ability to reach shelves of various heights (shelf height runs from a few inches off the floor to 86" and can be accessed with a stool).
- Occasional lifting and moving items up to 10 lbs.
- Stand for 1 hour (or sit and get up, sit and get up, etc).
No Calls Please!