Job Description: Part-time position ten to fourteen (10-14) hours per week with responsibility for returning all materials to the proper location in the library. This is an essential service that enables our patrons to readily retrieve items they desire.
- A shelver's main responsibility is to ensure all materials are returned to their proper location in the library.
- Must read, understand and follow the shelver manual in accurate, efficient manner.
- Keep assigned sections of the collection neat, clean and orderly.
- Dust shelves and computer areas on a regular basis.
- Must be able to periodically shift books on shelves when required.
- Work cooperatively with other staff to best ensure we present a neat, orderly and useful collection to our patrons.
- Must read, write and speak Standard English and possess a good command of the English alphabet and number systems.
- Must be capable of independently working without close supervision and possess the ability to make necessary decisions to best place materials in their correct place in an accurate timely manner.
- Must be a student in good standing.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age or be fifteen (15) and possess a valid work permit.
- Must be able to maneuver a book cart full of materials, lift up to 50 pounds, and have the physical strength and dexterity to climb and bend to be able to place materials in their proper positions.
Applications available in the Youth Department.
All interested parties must complete and submit their applications and a cover letter indicating why they are interested in the position by January 26, 2019.
All interested parties must complete and submit their applications and a cover letter indicating why they are interested in the position by January 26, 2019. Applications available in the Youth Department and must be returned to the Youth Department. Incomplete applications or those without cover letters will not be considered.