Do you enjoy working with customers and finding flexible and creative solutions to their questions? Do you have a knack for building meaningful connections and providing services for local business communities and entrepreneurs? If so, we would love to hear from you.
- Work with local business community and colleagues to identify and provide services that support their goals
- Provide reference, readers, viewers and listener advisory services at multiple service points.
- Assist customers in the Media Lab
- Plan, promote and provide adult programs.
- Assist with collection maintenance and weeding.
- ALA accredited MLS/MLIS
- Two years public library experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with programming and/or event planning
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, adjusting as required for programming
- Media lab or audiovisual equipment experience is preferred
- Spanish language skills desirable
To apply download and complete the Employment Application found on the library website at www.aurorapubliclibrary.org. Submit your completed Employment Application to email@example.com or mail to Aurora Public Library, Administration Office, 101 S. River Street, Aurora, IL 60506.
Our strategic priorities include School Success, Express Creativity, Feed Your Imagination, and Welcome to America. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131