The Fox River Valley Public Library District is seeking a passionate Youth Services Bilingual Library Assistant to join our team! This position plays an essential role in our programming and outreach efforts for children aged 0-12 and their caregivers. The assistant will plan and present youth programs including storytimes for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers as well as represent the library at outreach events in the community.
The successful applicant will be:
- Imaginative and energetic
- Passionate and knowledgeable about children's literature
- Able to plan and deliver youth programs for both in-house and outreach efforts
- Comfortable working in busy and fast-paced environment
- Enjoys being part of team environment
- Genuine desire to help and serve youth and caregivers
- Familiar with existing and emerging technology to assist youth and caregivers
Educational requirement: Bachelor's degree or two years' experience working a public service desk in a public library. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel; the internet, email, and databases.
Current benefits include:
- Paid vacation, sick, personal, holidays off
- IMRF defined-benefit pension