Provides patrons with reference, interlibrary loan, and reader's advisory assistance in the Adult Services Department.
- Provides clear, accurate, timely answers to all customer inquiries.
- Provides general reference, reader's advisory, and interlibrary loan services to patrons in the Library, on the telephone, and online.
- Assists patrons in the use of online catalogs, online databases, software, hardware, online services, internet, and other equipment available for public use.
- Participates in professional development activities relating to areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the Library's internet presence, including the website and social networking websites.
- Responds to any building responsibility as required.
- Assists with developing the collection through material selection and maintenance.
- Makes reminder calls for library programs and events.
- Facilitates the Library's nonfiction book club.
- Facilitates computer, tablet, and smart phone instruction covering a variety of topics.
- Assists with the creation of marketing materials for Library events.
- Creates and maintains displays.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requires expertise typically acquired through completion of or current enrollment in a bachelor's degree program.
Minimum of 1 year related adult library service experience in a comparable business, organization, or library.
Knowledge of integrated library systems.
Knowledge of office suite including word processing and spreadsheets.
Knowledge of personal computers and software applications.
Knowledge of web-based utilities and applications.
Knowledge of reference techniques.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws that impact library operations.
Effective communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
Position does not have direct supervisory responsibility.
Good speaking, hearing, and vision ability, excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently, and ability to push a cart weighing 100 pounds.
Work is performed in a typical library environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Adult Services Manager