This is a part-time position with regularly scheduled hours and involves direct public service. The position is primarily responsible for shelving, providing basic reference, technology help, and assistance for programming for children and their caregivers.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Provides excellent customer service through reference for children and their caregivers.
- Registers patrons for programs using Evanced.
- Assists with programs and in preparing program materials.
- Shelves books on the carts in the Youth Services Department.
- Prepares and creates displays and bulletin boards.
- Communicates library policies and procedures to patrons in an accurate and courteous manner.
- Assists with weeding by helping to pull materials from the shelves.
- Maintains a working knowledge of children's literature and its trends.
- Provides technology instruction to patrons in online catalog usage, database instruction, Microsoft Office Suite, Copier and games found on the Youth Services computers and tablets.
- Assist patrons with searching and downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks to various devices.
- Maintains the appearance of the Youth Services Department including participating in seasonal decorating.
- Performs Youth Services Department Opening and Closing Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
College Coursework required. LTA students or students nearing completion of an Associate's degree.
Application forms are available at the Circulation Services Desk or send a resume with three references to email@example.com