Benefits: Optional deferred 457b compensation plan and paid time off (PTO) after first full year of employment. This position will participate in IMRF (IL Municipal Retirement Fund). The Messenger Public Library of North Aurora Illinois (www.messengerpl.org) is an EEO employer.
Join the Messenger team to encourage literacy and a love of learning by helping children, teens and caregivers enjoy our resources and services. This opportunity is great for both experienced library workers interested in working directly with the public and those who want to learn to deliver public library youth services.
Primary responsibilities include: working the public service desk to answer research and tech questions, offering book recommendations, creating displays and helping with department projects.
- Bachelor's degree or LTA certification
- Strong commitment to customer/public service
- Knowledge of current technology
- Prior experience working with children, teens and caregivers
- Positive, organized, and able to work individually and as a team member
- Knowledge of children's and teen literature
- Spanish-language skills
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to Michelle Kurczak, Head of Youth and Teen Services firstname.lastname@example.org.