Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) has an exciting opportunity for a Business and Career Services Librarian to work on developing business and career services for our community. The ideal candidate will be positive, resourceful, technology savvy, collaborative and knowledgeable to support our job seekers as well as have the ability to establish relationships within the library and throughout the business community. Additionally, this position involves working with a collaborative team staffing the service desk to assist our members and serves as a person in-charge (PIC) as required.
The library has a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, mandatory IMRF participation, 457(k) retirement plan, as well as vacation and sick time. The library also supports continued learning and professional growth. Hourly rate of $22.10.
Some of the Job Duties Include:
- Assist individuals of all ages to find information, locate materials and research a variety of topics.
- Recommend materials through a variety of sources.
- Provide individual instruction and in the moment access to information in both print and digital formats for all ages.
- Assist individuals with basic technology customer service and instruction.
- Design and conduct programs for adults.
- Establish a virtual presence by contributing content through a variety of communication methods.
- Actively promote the library, its materials, and services through a variety of methods such as programs, outreach, displays, newsletter copy and handouts.
- Stay current with all appropriate physical and digital literature.
- Maintain library collections by selecting and weeding material as directed.
- Assist in developing desk and service procedures.
- Generate and maintain reports and statistics as needed.
- Serve as person in-charge (PIC) as required.
This Opportunity Requires:
- Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Ability to deal in a calm, positive manner with patrons of a diverse background and ages with interruptions; to stay organized and use time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with teens and adults.
- Ability to read computer screens, type accurately, and move about staff and public areas. Ability to push and pull carts weighing up to 40 pounds as well as lift and sorts materials of various weights up to 50 pounds.
- Fluency in a second language desirable.
- Must have reliable transportation to the library facilities and other locations as needed and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to HR at email@example.com Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.