The Gail Borden Public Main Library has a part-time position available at the public Information Desk in the Information Services Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accepting U.S. Passport applications
- Responding to customer inquiries about passports
- Completion of annual passport processing certification and ongoing training
- Answering phone calls and providing in-person directional assistance to library users
- Working with a team to ensure excellent customer service
Eligibility requirements to become a U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent:
- U.S. citizen or a U.S. non-citizen national
- 18 years of age or older
- Does not have a record of either: (i) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (ii) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good clerical and communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Spanish language skills are a plus