Rolling Meadows Library seeks a detail oriented part-time Library Associate to design and create artwork for decorative and informational purposes.
This position assists the Special Services Director in meeting deadlines for desktop publishing needs requested by Special Services and other departments. Knowledge of graphics software and art materials used in designing posters, decorations, and displays is crucial. The ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines is a must. Job duties include:
- Select, design, and scan artwork for use with publicity material such as bibliographies, signs, bookmarks, fliers, and posters
- Assist in planning and decorating the library for holidays and special events
- Manage the smooth and timely production of all in-house printing and copying needs
- Prepare color separations for printing
- Distribute publicity material to the Village Hall, Chamber of Commerce, Park District and Senior Center
- Assemble and arrange displays
- Work as program back-up, coordinating and showing monthly movies
Position requires a bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.