RAILS Executive Director Deirdre Brennan talks with Executive Director Kathleen Helsabeck and Assistant Director & Marketing Coordinator Burgundy Hill from Quincy Public Library, about how they worked with library users to tackle budget cuts to the library. Using simple, low-cost methods to make their case with the city council, Quincy Public Library came out victorious. This is a wonderful story about the importance of advocating for your library.
- Quincy Public Library - https://www.quincylibrary.org/
- My Library Is... blog post about the videos of community members speaking up for the library at city council meetings - https://www.mylibraryis.org/blog/how-quincy-public-library-used-videos-s...
QPL Community Videos:
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/378 (Patron talks about the value she receives from Quincy Public Library programs)
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/377 (Patron talks about QPL's value for genealogy research)
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/376 (Quincy Public Schools staff member describes the benefits QPL provides to schools and children)
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/375 (Community leader talks about the value of a strong library to the community and to her personally)
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/374 (Teens tell about the value of QPL to the teens in our community)
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/373 (Patron describes the impact of a library for her family and her community)
- https://www.mylibraryis.org/showcase/videos/372 (Patron describes how QPL has changed her family's life)
Intro/Outro music by Julie Jurgens, https://himissjulie.com