Delivery is provided as a member benefit to all our libraries. Your library receives delivery service through one of these methods:
- RAILS delivery vehicles or contracted delivery
- Community Delivery Partnerships
- Illinois Library Delivery Service (ILDS)
- Courier service within Chicago
- U.S. Postal Service
Use the Library Lookup to find delivery codes, routes, days, Illinois Library Delivery Service stops, and other information for RAILS libraries.
IHLS Delivery information is on the Illinois Heartland Library System website.
What We Deliver
The following items may be sent through interlibrary delivery:
- Library materials, defined as items that are classified, cataloged, and available for loan.
- Items sent from RAILS, the Illinois State Library, or the Illinois Secretary of State.
We will not deliver:
- Items that are individually addressed and can be mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
- Library newsletters.
- Bulk items for distribution.
- Items sent to locations outside of Illinois (including the RiverShare libraries in Iowa).
Other items may be delivered at our discretion.