BiblioBoard Library Content Includes
About BiblioBoard Library
Anyone who is physically in Illinois can access the content RAILS provides on BiblioBoard Library without a login. Users are authenticated through the IP address of their computer or GPS coordinates of their mobile device.
Because BiblioBoard authenticates by the user's location, visiting the website or opening the app gives you access to e-books without needing to enter a library card number or other login. Unlimited checkouts and no return periods give readers instant access to all titles all the time.
Readers also may create a BiblioBoard account profile and login. An account allows access to BiblioBoard Library while outside of Illinois, as well as the ability to download content for offline reading and to add bookmarks and notes.
Access BiblioBoard Library through:
RAILS for Schools
RAILS for Schools is a special BiblioBoard page just for schools and school-aged users. Access the RAILS for Schools BiblioBoard page by visiting railsforschools.biblioboard.com.
This page provides streamlined access to educational content, including:
- E-books from leading educational publishers, like ABDO and Time for Kids, in English and in Spanish
- Primary source materials and teaching guides on hundreds of topics
- Classic novels
- A collection of engaging and interactive e-books inspired by the Chicago Children's Museum's mission to create a community where learning and play connect
The RAILS for Schools BiblioBoard site also restricts access to all other content found on our main BiblioBoard site.
Student Online Personal Protection Act (SOPPA) Compliance
To complete your school's SOPPA compliance documentation for the BiblioBoard Library of Illinois and/or RAILS for Schools e-content collection, please complete the following:
- Download and save the BiblioLabs Standard Student Data Privacy Agreement (PDF file)
- Enter your school information and sign Exhibit E (page 17)
- Email the completed and signed Exhibit E to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send any SOPPA compliance questions to email@example.com
Open Educational Resources (OERs)
The BiblioBoard Library provides access to a collection of Open Educational Resource materials for unlimited use and download. Discover over 100 scholarly journals and books covering a variety of fields, including anthropology, gender studies, health and medicine, history, music and performing arts, political science, religious studies, and more. The OER collection includes resources from:
- Logo for Libraries: BiblioBoard Library of Illinois
- BiblioBoard Press Release template for libraries- Word Doc
- RAILS for Schools Recovering the Classics postcard PDF
- BiblioBoard postcard BiblioBoard Core PDF
- BiblioBoard postcard Indie Author PDF
- BiblioBoard postcard Recovering the classics PDF
- BiblioBoard bookmark Like Big Books for print
- BiblioBoard poster for print
- BiblioBoard Web Graphic
Recovering the Classics Cover Images
Recovering the Classics brings modern covers to some of the most popular titles in the public domain. We've partnered with them to make the cover designs available for our libraries to use on marketing materials and promotional items that will be given away free of charge. For access to the graphics file and more information, go to Using Recovering the Classics Images (login required).
MARC records for items in the collection are available to libraries. For questions about loading MARC records into your catalog, contact the system manager of your integrated library system (ILS) or your ILS vendor.
- MARC records for ABDO
- MARC records for BiblioBoard Core
- MARC records for Illinois Census Collection - Arcadia Publishing
- MARC records for Illinois Census Collection - Callisto Media
- MARC records for Illinois Census Collection - Capstone
- MARC records for Illinois Census Collection - Chicago Review Press
- MARC records for Illinois Census Collection - Gibbs Smith
- MARC records for Illinois Census Collection - Lawrence Hill
- MARC records for Open Educational Resources
- MARC records for Plympton
- MARC records for Recovering the Classics
- MARC records for Spotted Owl Press
- MARC records for The Bodleian Library
- MARC records for Time for Kids