The Illinois State Library (ISL) announced the participants for “Synergy: the Illinois Library Leadership Initiative,” a yearlong program designed to develop future leaders in the library profession.
Congratulations to the RAILS participants:
- Deborah Althoff Will, Zion-Benton Township High School
- Barbara Alvarez, Barrington Area Library
- Becca Boland, Hinsdale Public Library
- Sarah McHone-Chase, Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Heather Colby, Homer Township Public Library
- Joe Collier, Mount Prospect Public Library
- Gwen Gregory, University of Illinois at Chicago Library
- Yi Han, Paul V. Galvin Library, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Keisha Hester, Calumet City Public Library
- Emily Klonicki, Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District, Hampshire
- Amy Koester, Skokie Public Library
- Emily Kofoid, St. Charles Public Library District
- Joanna Marek, Spring Avenue Elementary School, La Grange
- Vanessa Morrison, Franklin Park Public Library District
- Ariel Orlov, Dominican University, Rebecca Crown Library
- Sia Paganis, Spring Wood Middle School, Hanover Park
- Lauren Rosenthal, Fox River Valley Public Library District
- Dana Russell, New Lenox Public Library District
- Soon Har Tan, Itasca Community Library
- Anne Thompson, Evergreen Park School District #124
- Leah L. White, Ela Area Public Library District
- Carrie A. Zamorano, Woodstock Public Library
For more information on the Synergy program, see ISL E-News.
The library at the Westbrook Elementary School in Glenview. See Facebook for more photos.
Glen Ellyn Public Library held its 2nd Annual STEAM Fair in February. Read more.
Executive Director Dee Brennan presented a ceremonial grant check to the Walnut Public Library District on February 20. The grant will be used to upgrade the library's catalog. Pictured (l to r): Children's Librarian Kimberly Laktus, Dee Brennan, Library Director Michele McAlvey, and Board President Dan McAlvey.