Lake Forest Library recently completed its rebranding efforts, which included a new logo, a redesigned newsletter and naming contest, and a new website!
Staff worked to reorganize and curate content to make it easier for the community to navigate. A special thanks to Library Market and Drupal 8!
Some highlights of the website functioning include:
Library customers who do not enjoy using drop-down menus can instead click on a menu heading, such as "Borrow" or "Services," to travel to a page with items from the drop-down menu conveniently laid out.
The new online calendar is one of the Library's favorite parts of the website! Library patrons may now register themselves for programs from the comfort of their own home or while on-the-go using their mobile devices.
Filter events by audience or event type, and display the calendar in "month" or "upcoming" views. Click "Remind me" to receive a reminder email about a non-registration event or use the "Add to calendar" button. Share an event on Facebook, Twitter, or via email to invite friends and family to join you there.
Interested in finding what book is next month's pick at your Library book group? Check out our book group pages for adults and youth under "Events." Click on a title from the book group's carousel to find it in the Library catalog.
Some additional features of the website:
- A responsive, mobile-friendly display
- Library databases displayed as cards for quick scanning
- Automatic reminders for Library programs and events
- Library blogs integrated into the site
- Search the website or catalog from any page
- Inclusion of all Library policies, also available as a pdf
- Getting started guides for digital resource apps under "Download and Stream"
To learn more and to explore for yourself, visit www.lakeforestlibrary.org.