Do you provide services and programs to local preschools and community organizations for children 5 years old and under? Here's your chance to meet with other library staff with a preschool outreach focus and talk shop. Join us to discuss story times, scheduling, and other issues unique to preschool outreach services. Our first meeting is at the St. Charles Public Library on Monday, January 7 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Snacks will be provided! Register here.
Discussion topics include:
- Developing relationships with preschools, day cares and other community organizations
- Program planning - story time themes, favorite materials shared with different age groups, favorite diverse books
- Tips and tricks for the unique environment of preschool outreach (i.e. story time to infants when there is not the handy one-on-one format of an in-library lapsit story time, story time spaces, etc.)
- Programming for groups with second language learners, kids on the autism spectrum, kids with disabilities, or other unique programming considerations
- Equipment - Sharing successes with different types of equipment used for transport of programming supplies (bags, carts, electronics (speakers, tablets), flannel boards)
- Effective scheduling practices
- Other events and preschool outreach activities - Preschool Fairs, parent or teacher education sessions, summer reading program at preschools, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten at preschools, intergenerational story times, story times at shelters, outreach to incarcerated individuals with children, and anything else your library might offer or want to offer when it comes to outreach for early childhood.
This is a new group, so suggestions as to useful topics, number of meetings per year, timing and location of meetings, and other considerations are welcome! Please contact Emily Conradt, Preschool Outreach Librarian at St. Charles Public Library with any questions. Click here to register.