For busy libraries, RAILS also offers online visits. Online visits are conducted either one-to-one or one-to-many over Zoom online meeting software. These visits cover the same topics as a typical site visit including:
- Continuing education
- Deals & discounts
- Delivery services & interlibrary loan
- Networking & connections
- Support for e-books and e-content
What to expect
Interested in requesting an online visit? Here are a few things to know:
- Meetings last between 30-60 minutes.
- RAILS staff will create presentation slides based on the needs of the individual library.
- During the meeting, RAILS staff will perform a screen share to demonstrate parts of the RAILS website and how to access specific resources.
- Participants will receive a meeting summary with a PDF version of the slides 48-72 hours after the meeting.
Online visits are typically scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance. Online meetings can be requested by any member at any time.
RAILS also offers two specific types of online visits, see below.
For new library directors (academic, public, special)
RAILS' Executive Director will send new directors an email with more information on how to create an L2 profile and sign up for the weekly RAILS E-News. New directors can also request a one-on-one online meeting called a RAILS New Director Welcome. These meetings are specifically tailored to new directors and those who are new to the library system.
For school librarians
School librarians can request a one-on-one online meeting called a RAILS School Library Tune-Up. These meetings are designed for school librarians who are new to their district, new to the library system, or simply want a refresher on system services.
Request an online site visit
For more information about any of these online visits, please contact RAILS Member Engagement Manager Dan Bostrom , 630.734.5152.