Librarians are busy. You're on the front lines, trying to work with cardholders and community members. You're looking up information, shelving items, filling out paperwork, and putting up displays. And now, your library expects you to do the marketing too! Don't panic. In this webinar, Angela Hursh will give you the basics of library marketing and share tips to promote your branch, events, and collection without having to go back to school to get a marketing degree.
• Tips to make sure your print promotions like posters get noticed
• How to use social media to your advantage without spending all day on Twitter
• Simple ways to use email to reach a wider, targeted audience.
• Strategies for pitching stories to the media and getting press coverage
• Plus four ways to sneak library marketing tactics into your regular library duties.
Angela Hursh, who works in Marketing for NoveList, is a former content marketer for the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County. Angela also runs SuperLibraryMarketing.com, where she shares tips for library marketing for libraries around the world and has a YouTube channel where she shares quick weekly tips with library marketers.
Angela has spoken at conferences for Ohio Library Council, the Indiana Federation of Libraries, the Illinois Library Association, and the Library Marketing and Communications Conference. She also leads webinars about library marketing for a number of companies including OrangeBoy, Inc. and Demco.