The Kankakee Area Library Association (KALA) includes academic, public, school, and special libraries based within Kankakee County, Illinois and the surrounding areas. KALA members recognize that through the cooperative efforts of libraries, it is possible to provide more resources and maintain a greater political presence. KALA's primary objectives are:
- Promote professional development of librarians and para-professionals.
- Promote the freedom to read and the right to affordable access to information.
- Promote the cooperation between all types of libraries to increase efficiency in service.
- Support education, literacy, and personal development.
- Work as a group to promote the welfare of libraries.
- Work as a group to promote affordable library service to unserved areas.
The Kankakee Area Library Association (KALA) holds monthly meetings on the first Thursday of the month from 3:30-5pm at member libraries. Librarians from public, school, academic, and special libraries are welcome to attend. Member libraries are listed here: Kankakee Area Libraries.
To subscribe to mailing list, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org