Explore More Illinois will make it possible for RAILS member libraries to offer free passes, discounted admission, and other deals from a wide variety of Illinois cultural attractions to library cardholders.
This program will be provided as a service to our member libraries, and there will be no cost for RAILS libraries to participate. Details about joining Explore More Illinois will be available soon.
Explore More Illinois is a new program developed and managed by RAILS. It is separate and distinct from the Museum Adventure Pass administered by Libraries First.
How it will work
Cardholders will reserve all passes/discounts online. Libraries will not need to manage and administer physical passes.
This video from our service provider Quipu Group demonstrates how the pass program will work for library cardholders.
Other information for participating libraries
- We will launch Explore More Illinois in 2019.
- Your library will need to register for Explore More Illinois. Your patrons will not be able to participate unless your library is a participant. Stay tuned for more details on how to register.
- Your library will need to link to Explore More Illinois via your website.
- Each library will have a unique URL to include on their website.
Publicizing the program to your community
- RAILS will provide customizable templates for promotional materials that libraries will be able to use to publicize the program to their communities. Stay tuned to this website for further details.
- To recommend a museum or cultural attraction for the program, please contact email@example.com.