Please use the Illinois Delivery Support System to report missing items, misrouted materials, damaged items, library closings that affect delivery, or to send us feedback about your delivery service.
You may also receive email notices about service interruptions that we send to libraries on each of our delivery routes.
Because our delivery communications rely on membership data in the Library Learning (L2) directory, we encourage you to maintain a current L2 account that's affiliated with your library. For assistance with your L2 account, see https://www.librarylearning.info/help.aspx or email L2help@railslibraries.info.
Illinois Delivery Support System (Delivery Help Desk)
There are two ways to open a help desk ticket and report a delivery issue:
- Email (preferred) - Send an email to email@example.com. Send your message from the email address used for L2 account, so the ticketing system will recognize your library and route your message to the correct RAILS service center.
- Online - Log into http://delivery.railslibraries.info/otrs/customer.pl with the email address and password from your L2 account. Then select your RAILS service center from the drop down menu, to route your ticket correctly.
Either way, you may attach photos or documents to your help desk ticket.
After you submit a ticket, you'll receive email confirmation and status updates from RAILS delivery services staff. You can also check on your ticket's status by logging into the ticketing support system with your L2 account's email address and password. Both RAILS and the Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) are using this help desk system.
For each delivery route we manage, we send notification of delivery delays, cancellations, and other changes to the libraries on that route. To receive notices for your delivery route, your Library Learning (L2) account needs to be affiliated with your library and tagged with a relevant position/role. To add yourself to your route's notification list:
- Log into L2 at https://www.librarylearning.info.
- Click on your name in the box near the top-right of the screen, then click Edit profile in the sidebar.
- Click the Edit link to the right of your library affiliation.
- Click Edit again to update your title and position at your library.
- Select the checkbox for at least one of these positions/roles:
- System Delivery Contact
- Director (RAILS staff must select)
- Co-Director (RAILS staff must select)
- Branch Librarian
- Head of Circulation
- Interlibrary Loan Contact
- Click the Submit button.