Each fiscal year, the Illinois State Library's Delivery Committee and representatives from both systems designate four weeks for annual delivery counts. Prior to each count period, we send information to each library through our delivery route mailing lists, and also provide paper copies of the count form.
Dates for the FY2019 delivery fine counts are:
- Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 1, 2019
- Monday, May 20 - Friday, May 24, 2019
- Monday, August 19 - Friday, August 23, 2019
- Monday, November 18 - Friday, November 22, 2019
- Monday, February 24 - Friday, February 28, 2020
- Monday, May 18 - Friday, May 22, 2020
RAILS Member Libraries that Receive Delivery via RAILS Must Count Outgoing Delivery Items During the Fine Count Periods
- Outgoing delivery items are those items that are being delivered from your library to another location and include items from your collection that are being sent to fill interlibrary loan requests, as well as items you are returning to other libraries.
- Fine counts begin on a Monday. Please count all of the items in each of your delivery containers, complete the Count Form, and place it on top of the items in each container. Please count outgoing items using this same procedure through the following Friday.
Thank you in advance for participating in this itemized count. Your assistance will help us continue to offer high-quality delivery service and to provide accurate delivery statistics to the Illinois State Library.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine Count Data
Statistics from past fine count periods are available to download in Excel format below.