All RAILS offices are closed, and no system deliveries are made, on the following observed holidays:
- New Year's Day - Observed (Monday, January 2, 2017)
- Memorial Day - (Monday, May 29, 2017)
- Independence Day - (Tuesday, July 4, 2017)
- Labor Day - (Monday, September 4, 2017)
- Thanksgiving - (Thursday, November 23, 2017)
- Christmas Eve - Observed (Friday, December 22, 2017)
- Christmas Day - (Monday, December 25, 2017)
- New Year's Eve - Observed (Friday, December 29, 2017)
- New Year's Day - Monday, January 1, 2018
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 28, 2018
- Independence Day - Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- Labor Day - Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Christmas Eve - Monday, December 24, 2018
- Christmas Day - Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- New Year's Eve - Monday, December 31, 2018
Emergency (Weather) Closings
We have five separate facilities located throughout the RAILS area. If we close any of these facilities due to bad weather conditions, we'll post a special alert on the RAILS homepage as soon as possible after the decision to close has been made.
To receive RAILS Alerts (including weather closings) via email, visit your Mailing Lists page and select the RAILS Alerts subscription.
For Delivery services, if a RAILS building is open, the Delivery Manager at each RAILS location will decide if any routes at their location will be cancelled due to weather conditions. The primary factor in deciding whether a route is cancelled is the safety of RAILS Delivery Drivers. RAILS will contact all libraries affected by delivery route cancellations as soon as possible.
RAILS has email lists that are used to notify members of any changes to your library's delivery service, including delays due to weather, route changes, cancellations, etc.
To report that your library is closed for the day due to weather (or for any other reason), go to the Library Closings page.