Full-Time Teen Services Librarian position serving an active 6th-12th grade audience. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, dedicated to excellent customer service, team-oriented, and passionate about working with teens. The candidate should also be motivated to build relationships with our patrons, schools and community. They will have constant engagement with our lively teen audience, and should be in touch with current popular culture and trends. Spanish speaking skills preferred.
- Plans, implements and evaluates in-house and school outreach library programs and services which fulfill the diverse educational, recreational and personal needs of the teen community.
- Provides collection development of the teen collection including both print and digital resources aimed at the specific interests and needs of the teens in the community.
- Provides relevant and current teen reader's advisory services.
- Takes a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating the overall teen services program.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with schools and community groups in order to plan and deliver programs and services that meet local teen needs and interests.
- Conducts regular community needs assessments to identify teen needs in order to create tailored services and programs to address identified needs.
- ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library & Information Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with children and teens in high volume, challenging situations
- In-depth knowledge of teen literature and current trends in programming
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort with current information technology and creating marketing materials
Mon, Tue, Wed: 1:15-9:15;
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, five weeks of vacation, two weeks sick leave, and participation in IMRF
Background Check: Employment will require a criminal background check at Library expense
Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references.